Printer upgrades are starting throughout campus on Monday, July 16th! Queens will be implementing some exciting new enhancements to the Queens Follow Me print service. This upgrade will feature all new printers around campus, an easier to use "TAP" interface, mobile printing (iOS & Android), printing from BYOD devices, and color functionality on all printers.
What this means for you:
During the days that the new printers are being rolled out, All Faculty, Staff & Students should pick up their print jobs in the buildings corresponding to the dates below.
i.e, on July 16th & 17th, all print jobs should be picked up in either Burwell, Sykes, Knight Crane, Sports Complex, Morrison, Rogers, Stultz, Watkins, & Withers.
On the 18th & 19th, all print jobs will need to be picked up in Byrum, Everett, Levine, Health & Wellness, Jerningan, Harris & McEwan. (All New Printers & Tap Login)
By the 23rd we expect all printers to have been updated and normal printing routines can be resumed using a new Follow-Me_Printer that ITS will deploy.
Printer Rollout Schedule For Week of July 16th.
5 Things to Know...
1) You will now "Tap" your ID card on the card readers installed on the new printers instead of swiping your card.
2) Upon first login only, you will be prompted to enter in your Queens User ID & Password to authenticate. This is a one time password entry only.
3) Mobile Printing will now be supported. You will be required to enter in your Queen's User ID & Password to authenticate upon first print as well.
4) Starting on Wednesday July 18th, IT Services will push the new printer to your Queens computer.
5) The Service Center will be up and running all week to help with any needed printing support.
If you have additional questions or concerns in the meantime, please contact the IT Help Center by submitting a ticket to Heldpesk@queens.edu.
Read more about the process here: https://my.queens.edu/its/Pages/Printer-Refresh.aspx